Booksy came in at the top of the second half of the pile in the Beauty category. Ahead of Stefan Batory’s application in the same field was Styleseat (place 10) and the British Fresha (place 43). Booksy was followed by Irish Vagaro (73rd place) and Soothe (87th place).
According to the creators of the ranking, the most important conclusions of the third edition of the Marketplace 100 ranking are the following:
- 37 new marketplaces were created, which is 48% more than last year.
- Live shopping app Whatnot (resale of collectibles) saw the biggest jump on the list year-over-year, moving up 73 spots (from 99) to position 26. Whatnot is the fastest growing company in the Marketplace 100 ranking for the second year in a row.
- The Ticketing, Food & Beverage, and Education categories saw the most new players, a result of the “pocovid rebound” as consumers became accustomed to the new normal. The introduction of vaccines was closely tied to improvements in categories such as childcare and ticketing.
- For some categories, however, the quarantine created lasting habits. In particular, the Gaming and Shopping/Ticketing categories saw sustained growth beyond their previous pre-quarantine benchmarks.
- In 2021, four categories have emerged to watch: ticket sales and experiences, shopping and commerce, games, and the growing world of web marketplaces3.