Many of our startups are high profile today and will be even more so tomorrow if they continue to grow. Opportunities to collaborate with large companies in Europe, the United States, Asia and around the world will be encouraged mainly due to the return and high availability of capital in the technology markets.
After a very difficult year in 2020 for French startups, they have managed to regain the confidence of investors in 2021 and to reAfter a very difficult year in 2020 for French startups, they managed to regain the confidence of investors and to raise a record €8.4 billion in the first half of 2022 (compared to the €11.5 billion raised in 2021 for the whole year).
Which French Tech startups will be the big successes at the end of the year or in 2023?
Apart from Doctolib, which is already the most valuable unicorn on the French market (€5.8bn), and Back Market, discover the 5 nuggets to watch in French Tech!
- 1. VeriQloud: launched in 2017 with the aim of developing quantum cryptography solutions that guarantee long-term data security by relying on a technical architecture that is very economical in terms of photonic network infrastructure compared to traditional quantum architectures.
- 2. Exotec is a robotics company (intelligent and autonomous robots) for warehouses. It is the first French industrial company valued at €2 billion. Exotec has designed a solution that is similar to the Amazon Kiva robot. It is a robotized order preparation system with a fleet of robots capable of moving in three dimensions and which is called “Skypod”. Exotec’s ambition is to accelerate its internationalization from 2023.
- 3. Shift Technology is an InsurTech startup based on AI. It has created a technology solution that enables its insurance clients to detect fraudulent claims. The startup already operates in the UK and the US in addition to France.
- 4. ekWateur is an energy start-up that offers renewable gas and electricity to individuals and SMEs. It allows them to choose a local source of energy production and even acquire easy-to-use solar panel kits. ekWateur, which raised €30 million in May 2022, invests mainly in the energy transition.
- 5. Domain Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical startup specializing in the treatment of immunosuppressive diseases and dedicated to the discovery and development of novel drugs targeting G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). It raised €39 million in May 2022.
Despite the tense geopolitical situation, the technology sector is experiencing a great dynamic, FinTech, Bioteh, Cleantech, Agritech or even foodtech and the list of new unicorns that have raised several hundred million euros is quite long, but this is not a surprise. Opposing large companies to these startups is not wise, the future lies in intelligent collaboration.
The market is maturing and the most innovative startups that control their costs, win new customers, build partnerships and continue to transform themselves will certainly become one of the drivers of the economy.