200 000:- to young entrepreneurs for a viable Dalarna
Out of 26 interesting applications for Dalakraft’s scholarship for up-and-coming entrepreneurs, 4 young Dalakrafters have been selected.
Together, they will share 200 000 SEK – which will go to activities as diverse as a farm shop, art-riding research, social media expertise and work-integrated real estate operations.
– I’m impressed by the breadth and quality of this year’s applications. The four we selected, together with a jury, are all interesting companies that we look forward to supporting and following,” says Andreas Thunmarker, Communications Manager at Dalakraft.
Young Dalakraft is one of the electricity company’s social commitments.
– For us at Dalakraft, this is very important and we really want to contribute to a viable Dalarna. We believe that this year’s scholarship holders will do that very well,” says Thunmarker.
Social property management and damage prevention research
Ung Dalakraft has been awarded since 2017 and aims to inspire and help young entrepreneurs to realise their ideas, projects and dreams.
The basic criteria for applicants are that they must be 18-30 years old, live in or have a connection to Dalarna, and that the idea or project is linked to the region.
This year’s fellows:
- Mohamed Abdi, Borlänge: runs a start-up work-integrated social enterprise that wants to create conditions for people who have difficulties in the labour market for various reasons, mainly with a focus on integration. Most of the activities are carried out in Borlänge municipality and in property management.
- JonatanRönning and Madelene Nordkvist, Idre: Farming with beef cattle in a pastoral setting. The couple have already built a new barn and are now planning to expand the business with sheep farming and the opening of their own farm shop selling locally produced meat and vegetables from the farm.
- Viktoria Brolin, Sälen: Will keep track of all the news and trends in social media and provide Dala entrepreneurs with the essentials they need to know about it in order to develop their business. She also offers support from photography, through image processing to strategies, posts and digital advertising.
- Moa Lindgren and Ondrej Spiegl, Falun: Through their coaching careers and injury prevention research in the figure skating world, Moa and Ondrej have developed a brand new product; based on science and with the ambition to reduce injuries in the sport. The patent is waiting around the corner and soon the product can be published.
Can be decisive
– We are proud to be able to contribute to the young business community in Dalarna. For many entrepreneurs in the starting blocks, the scholarship can be crucial to start or move forward, says Andreas Thunmarker.
Jonatan Rönning, who together with his partner Madelene Nordkvist, is one of this year’s scholarship recipients, agrees.
– This is an incredibly important addition for us. We have already made significant investments and thanks to Ung Dalakraft we can now take the next step towards our farm shop much faster.
One person who actually knows what Ung Dalakraft means for a company on the rise is magician Pontus Lidman, who received the scholarship in 2017.
– Ung Dalakraft has helped me to develop my business and has enabled me, among other things, to run my own full-size shows at Cirkus in Stockholm. For me as an entrepreneur, the scholarship has really made a difference. You can apply too!
This year’s scholarship winners will be announced in more detail in Dalakraft’s channels shortly.
Applications are open all year round at dalakraft.se/experience-dalakraft/young-dalakraft